Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

61 years old (pretty old for a blogger) proud to be a grandpa

Friday, January 14, 2005

Gosh, what should I wear?

So as I understand it, Prince Harry, in line to the British throne and one of most visible people in the UK, is invited to a costume party and after thinking it over and knowing that his family is going to be participating in a Holocaust Memorial Day later this month, says to himself, "I know, I'll wear an arm band with a swastika on it--that would really be neat." Question: Is there a dumber guy on the planet?

3 Comments:

Blogger Blogball said...

Yes, I would say he has the kid beat that decided to wear a confederate hat in front of his pro Union grandmother by a long shot.

Seriously though what was he thinking? All the PR and etiquette training that the royal family goes through and this is the result. Talk about R.J.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I wonder if it was one of those things young ppl sometimes do to be kind of rebellious and dramatic and "notice me". Perhaps he thought it was kind of naughty and edgy -- like Tarts & Vicars or something -- and had no clue about the actual imagery and the deeper issues involved.
I agree that overall he doesn't sound terribly clued-in.

10:19 PM  
Blogger unca said...

Well, yeah, I guess so. But most people are over that by the time they hit twenty. Well, I feel sorry for him anyway--what a lousy deal to be Prince (I'm serious). As Margaret said to Elizabeth when she found out that Elizabeth would one day be queen: "Poor you."

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home